Sunday 8 January 2012

--and more Havana photos

I have tons of photos but the connection is very slow so I cannot post all that I would like to at this time. I'll try to upload to Flikr in due course when I have a better connection. In the meantime here are a few more. Later I will do another post with my further musings on Havana.


Handy tip: Here's a way to use up your leftover cannons.

This is "Havana Blue"

Awaiting renovation

Still waiting

Too late

Probably not worth saving


 


A botched job
  
The dilemma: Which should Havana choose?

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the Revolution...

A local bar


 
street in Old Havana--note the bicycle rickshaws, the usual public transport for the locals in the narrow streets
Fishing boats in the bay of Havana, looking over to Catillo del Morro
Centre are the yellow cocotaxi, motor scooter powered. Right is the bicycle trishaw used a lot by the locals. Left the 1950s US gasguzzlers often used as taxis but also as ordinary private transport. The exhuberant Grand Theatre of Havana behind

An armoured tractor, used in the Revolution. Ironically, the farmers don't have tractors any more and use oxen to plough their fields.
The beautifully restored Plaza de la Catedral

The lovely Plaza de Armas, built in the 1600s and now the home of the second hand book sellers.
The sadly neglected Malecon

Sunday afternoon--it's time to wash the car
      

No comments:

Post a Comment