Thursday 1 December 2011

Leaving London and the practice of law

Hello. Glad you found your way here. This is the first of my posts as I prepare for my "retirement" (horrible word) from Dewey & LeBoeuf after 34 years practising corporate law in Canada and the UK.

I have always travelled widely--the Trans-Siberian railway by steam train in Soviet times, from Wadi Halfa to Khartoum in Sudan in a sandstorm, watching whales in both Antarctica and the Arctic, to name only a very few of my adventures to date.

I plan to travel for most of the next 2 years, and thereafter as long as I am able. I start off by ship from Lisbon to Miami, then the British Virgin Islands for Christmas, followed by two and a half weeks driving throughout Cuba, a week in Puerto Rico, a month in Buenos Aires. Then meandering across Argentina and Chile by land. Easter Island and the Atacama desert.

Back to London for the Olympics then back down to where I left off in South America, and so on for the rest of 2012. 2013 will begin with another trip to Antarctica this time from Tasmania or New Zealand, then the Kimberley Coast in Australia and Papua and New Guinea.....

I will include pictures of course and as a taster here are the photos shown at my retirement celebration on 1 December, showing some of my travels over the past 4 or 5 years.Follow the link (the colour is not as good as the original photos and some slides do not display in full and the movement is annoying, but you get the idea....)
I hope you enjoy the ride with me.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment