Wednesday 28 December 2011

Scuba dive

Well, I don't really believe it myself but I did my first scuba dive today. I have never done anything of that sort before and in fact I am not even a confident swimmer. I had been very apprehensive about the whole thing, especially the idea of breathing under water, ever since my son Ken and his fiance Estelle suggested that I really should try it while I am here in the British Virgin Islands.  But it turned out to be much easier than I  had thought. I had an excellent and very patient instructor, which certainly helped. The experience of being suspended in another world of vivid colour and strange shaped creatures is all that they said it would be. I was also rather pleased that of the 6 beginners on the trip only me and one other young man managed to do the dive, even though the others were far younger than me. I guess my competitive spirit has not retired yet. Pictures....


Lynn on dive boat at Pelican Island, BVI

Triumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment